How to Use the New iMessage Tricks with iPhone iOs 10
Technology sure has come a far way. Remember when we were all using T9 to express our feelings and it took far too long to get the point across? And what about playing the snake game on those candy bar Nokia phones? Talk about humble beginnings.
Now we've got so much technology most of us don't even know what to do with it. No, seriously. If you have an iPhone, you may have heard about the newest software update: iOS 10. Some people don't feel like downloading, but others love staying up-to-date on the latest and greatest developments. Well, it turns out that even the people who have downloaded it don't even know what the new software is capable of. Specifically, how much cooler it made iMessaging your friends.
There are lots of fun little tricks to make your iMessages stand out and have a little more personality. Have you been taking advantage of the new developments? If you're not sure what we're talking about, we decided to let you in on the secrets. You're going to love it.
You can now change the way your text appears in the bubble when its sent. Basically, instead of it just showing up normal in the blue bubble, you can decide if you want to give it some animation to further get your point across. The options are called: Invisible Ink, Gentle, Loud, and Slam. Can you guess what each of these look like? Here's how to get your text to have some movement.
1. Start typing a text like you normally would.
2. Hold down on the send arrow until the new screen pops up.
3. Click each bubble effect to preview it until you find one you like.
4. Tap the send arrow next to it, that's it!
Confetti, Balloons, and Lasers
Forget what you remember about all iMessage screens looking plain with the white background and blue bubbles. Now, you can pack a punch to your message. You can choose between animated backgrounds of either balloons, confetti, lasers, fireworks, or a shooting star. How?
1. Begin with where you left off on the previous trick.
2. At the top, you'll see you can choose between "Bubble" and "Screen" effects. Go to Screen.
3. Swipe through the options to preview and choose your screen animation.
4. Click the blue arrow to send, and your text buddy's whole screen will get a fun show when your message appears.
Draw It Out
If you want to try your artistic hand at getting your message across, you can now send an animated drawing that you create using your finger. You can choose from seven different colors to create your masterpiece, then, when you send it, your recipient will get a replay of you drawing it out as if it's being done live.
1. Tap the gray arrow to the left of the message box before you begin typing. Three icons will appear: a camera, two fingers on a heart, and an A symbol.
2. Choose the "two fingers on a heart" icon.
3. On the right-hand side, you'll see a finger with a blue squiggle at the top. Click that.
4. Draw away, then send with the blue arrow!
Kisses, Heartbeats, and Fireballs
You can also send little animated figures instead of what you draw. Basically, when you tap, depending on how many fingers you use or how you use them, you can send dissolving circles, fireballs, kisses, heartbeats, or broken hearts.
1. Repeat steps you took to get to the drawing board, but stop before you click the finger with the blue squiggle.
2. You can simply tap on the screen to produce the images you want without bringing up the full screen.
3. However, if you need a reminder, you can click the edge with the finger symbols and it will tell you how to make each image.
4. Once you stop momentarily tapping to make the images, the message will automatically send. Keep this in mind if you are playing around with it; your friend might get seven messages in a row!
Oh, and GIFS!
Before, you had to download a third-party app if you wanted to send gifs within your messages. Now, it's just part of your keyboard (cue "yesssss" gif). You can even choose to search the gifs depending on keywords to help you find the perfect one.
1. Instead of tapping on the "two fingers on a heart" icon next to where you type your message, tap the one with the "A symbol." This is where the gifs are.
2. Search and click the one you want. It will automatically load into your message box, and all you have to do is press send. You can also delete it if you want to try another one.
3. Happy giffing!
Another Interesting Feature: The Home App
Of course, the new software did not only improve our iMessages. There are plenty of other different features sprinkled in that will likely get more popular as people learn about them. You'll notice that the Maps app is a little different, and in our opinion, more user-friendly. The texting "tap" noise is different and sounds like soft water droplets. But there's one other big update that we have to mention.
You will see that a new "Home" app has appeared on your screen. The Home app is meant to make your house a smart home. It will help you control your house functions simply using your iPhone and WiFi with the HomeKit devices. Basically, if you choose to use it, you can control things like your lights, locks, thermostats, and more. You'll have to buy special plugs that are enabled with the software, and then you can control these things from your phone. You can read all about it and in this article. It's a new security and convenience feature that we think will get much more popular with time as people learn about it and bugs are fixed from the first rounds of use.
What do you guys think? Pretty cool or too "Big Brother?"
Let us know if you found our tips useful! Share this article to let your friends in the loop!
The Drift Babes