Drift On Island's Eventful 2016
Just like that, the year is over. Tomorrow evening, we'll be clad in this little number and cheers-ing to another year past and a new one on the horizon.
Of course, before stepping into 2017, it's smart to take a look back on 2016 and go over all the things that have happened--the good and the bad. After all, it wouldn't be wise to start a whole new year without recording those moments that made this past one so unique.
All the way from the beginning, here's our look back at Drift's 2016. So much has happened in this short amount of time!
The Drift Babes 2016 Recap
1. Created the Drift On Island website. Yep, we've been on the Internet for just one short year! We can be found on all search engines.
2. Found our manufacturer, Karnna Fashion Lab. They're located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and help us produce our gorgeous ready-to-wear line.
3. Drift On Island became officially trademarked, earning us an R ("registered") mark instead of the TM symbol. It was surprisingly satisfying to officially own our company name.
4. We got our Drift pup, Lola. Every company needs an official mascot, and we might be a little biased, but we think ours is the cutest.
5. The Drift studio was reconstructed, and we expanded to Cape Cod! Who doesn't love a pretty workspace? We feel so lucky to be able to walk into our studio every day to work.
6. Our products were featured in a boutique in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Drift designs just look so pretty hanging in a storefront window, don't you think?
7. We created our Island Stylin' Blog! We love being able to share tidbits of our process and our lives as well as some essential lifestyle advice with you all. The journey wouldn't be half as fun without you. Take a trip down memory lane and read our first-ever post here.
8. We hosted our very first trunk show in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. It was a great success and we loved getting to chat with our Drifters.
9. Drift President Roberta broke her foot. Told you our timeline wasn't all good news ;)
10. Drift won the annual Boothbay Harbor Fest Fishing for Fashion event. It was our second year attending (and winning), and we can't wait to do it all again next year. We had so much fun; relive the memory here.
11. Designed our new Girl Boss and All Tied Up lines. We wanted to add some unique workwear for the fellow boss babes out there. It's always more fun to stand out than to blend in!
12. We photographed our Ready To Wear line. It was all beginning to feel real once we saw our product shots!
13. Drift On Island was invited to be featured in its very first fashion show. The show benefits efforts against domestic violence, which is an issue we are very passionate about and are proud to be a part of the solution.
14. We launched our online store! It's like the light at the end of the tunnel, and we are so stoked to be able to get you guys these designs in your closets ASAP.
Talk about an amazing and crazy year! We are more than ready to take 2017 on headfirst. We can't wait to see what the new year has in store for us.